Sunday, February 03, 2008

Storms of life


In the midst of the storm have you ever wondered why the Lord has not stopped it? With tears streaming down your face you cry out to God over and over again? WHY? WHY? WHY?
Why do relationships have to broken? Why when you try with all of your heart to restore a conflict, the other person will not listen? Why would a Mother, turn her back on her child? Why would family members want to inflict pain upon us? Why are lies believed instead of the truth? Why Lord, have you not answered our whys?

I need to learn not to ask why? But to ask my Savior, what would you have me learn, from the storm. I have learned Jesus may not calm the storm, but He can calm me.
27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 (NKJV)

No comments: