Sunday, March 01, 2009

My Soul Finds Rest in God Alone
Today I would like to share with you my favorite Psalm. All of God's word brings me comfort and peace, but this Psalm is never far from my mind. When things in life are troubled or hard, I remember the words of finding rest in God alone.
I held onto this Psalm when I went into surgery six years ago not knowing if they would find cancer or not. When we discovered my beloved Grandmother had pancreatic cancer and there was nothing the doctors could do. I remember walking into the hospital room to tell her good-bye for the final time here on earth. How do you say goodbye to someone you love so much? How do you break away from the that final hug? How do you leave the room knowing this will be the last time your eyes will look upon the face who had always been there for you? How do you go in the room with grace and dignity and not cry hysterically? How do you let go when your heart is breaking into a million pieces? I was able to do this because the Lord walked with me..He gave me a peace and comfort I have never found in any other place.
There have been so many other times I have remembered the words and I will share some of them with you over the next few weeks.
May God fill your heart and mind with perfect peace today and always.
1For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.2 He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
3How long will all of you attack a man to batter him, like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?4They only plan to thrust him down from his high position. They take pleasure in falsehood.They bless with their mouths, but inwardly they curse. Selah
5For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.6 He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.7On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
9 Those of low estate are but a breath; those of high estate are a delusion;in the balances they go up; they are together lighter than a breath.10Put no trust in extortion; set no vain hopes on robbery; if riches increase, set not your heart on them.
11 Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this:that power belongs to God, 12and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love.For you will render to a man according to his work.


No comments: