Saturday, August 05, 2006

This past week we celebrate our 39th Birthday. Some of you might be curious as to why I made reference to “we” and “our”. You see I am blessed to have a twin sister, Jimella.

Growing up I never lacked of having a playmate and a best friend, because Jimella was always there with me. Of course I had two other siblings so there were not too many dull moments in the Moorhead household.

We are identical twins and so we did not have to try to hard to create confusion for our family and friends growing up. To this day our family has to listen closely to figure out which sister they are talking too.

Jimella is one of my best friends; we have had many adventures and journeys together through the years.

I’ve made up a little poem using Jimella’s name to describe how I see her:

J for Jewel yet to be discovered; I could search the world over and not find a gem as precious as her. Jimella is as rare as her name and truer friend would be difficult to find.

I is intelligent. She is an intellectual and loves to study and read. She is like sponge when it comes for soaking up knowledge and she is always seeking God’s wisdom for her life and her family.

M is for My Sister, my friend, my confidante, my counselor, my cheerleader, my encourager, and my “Mella”.

Eloquent in speaking, singing, teaching, and sharing God’s love with all that she meets.

Love of God, Family, friends, and her church.

Lovely inside and out. Jimella has an inner beauty that shines out and it is from knowing and loving the Lord with her whole heart.

Amazing in being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend.

Our relationship is not always perfect but at the end of the day we are blessed to know that God has given us a precious gift in each other.

“3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 thankful for your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6 And I am sure that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 7 It is right for me to feel thus about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. 8 For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. 9 And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, 10 so that you may approve what is excellent, and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruits of righteousness which come through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.” Phil 1:3-11 (RSV)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Michelle, that was beautiful. I am humbled to know you think so highly of me. I love you too.

Anonymous said...

Dear Michelle,

This was very nice and I'm sure Jimella feels very blessed to have you for her twin sister too. We love you very much.

Love always, Dad and Mom xoxo

Anonymous said...

This was a very touching post. I think it's wonderful that you think so highly of Jimella. I'm sure that she's honored. I think very highly of Brian too.