Thursday, March 12, 2009

I gave up worry for Lent. For those who know me best, you will think, that didn't last long. The anxious thoughts have tried to creep in and capture my mind. I will be honest I've lapsed into moments were I've allowed my thoughts to race towards gloom and despair. And at those moments I begin to pray, sing, read God's word, or talk to Troy to help me sort through my thoughts.

I also want to try and fix things to make it better. I have quickly discovered there are many things I cannot fix: cancer, sickness, depression, gossip, broken families, lies told in order to destroy, sin, and the list goes on. I am a visual person and so during my prayers I envision myself placing all of my worries and problems into the Lords' hands. His hands are far more capable than mine. Than I rest in the knowledge He will work it out.

“Let you gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:5-7

No comments: