Sunday, March 08, 2009

How often do you feel at peace? With yourself, others, God? Where are you looking for peace? Family, Friends, Food, Alcohol, Drugs? If you have chosen any of those how it working for you? I'm not asking you that question in judgement...I'm asking because I understand.

I haven't really tried the alcohol and drug option but I would imagine they would only provid temporary relief. I'm guessing because I often turn to chocolate to solve my problems. But I have quickly discovered my problems are still there and nothing has been solved. I love my family and friends and they have been there in countless ways to give encouragement and love to me. But they cannot provide me with true peace.

All of us face problems on a daily basis. I would like to focus on the sorrows in life to which no matter how hard you try they do not change.

A loved one suffering from cancer.
Health issues
Death
Being separated by distance from friends and loved ones
Abuse
Broken relationships, you have tried to repair them, but they remain broken
Finances
Job loss

I'm sure this list could be much longer. We each have our own crosses to bear. Please know that you are not alone. Jesus has given us grace and peace in abundance. Some you might be thinking, yes that is true, but how does that solve my problems. It may not solve your problems but we can find comfort in knowing the Lord walks with us and we are never alone.

May you find comfort in God's word.

1 Peter 1:2-9
May grace and peace be yours in abundance.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.




Wonderful, merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb
Could rescue the souls of men
Oh you rescue the souls of men

Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have
Hopelessly lost the way
Oh, we hopelessly lost the way

You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace
Our hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for

Almighty, infinite Father
Faithfully loving Your own
Here in our weakness You find us
Falling before Your throne
Oh, we're falling before Your throne


No comments: