Sunday, March 22, 2009

Do you ever long to have your life tied up into a neat and tidy package? Have any of you accomplished this feat? If you have, wanna share your secret?

Maybe my life is the only one that gets really messy and at times makes no earthly sense...although I have friends and we often compare notes...and they wish their lives were more orderly too.

Do you ever wonder if God could use your help? Or possibly you might have a better idea on how things might work out more to your advantage. You have a plan and you would rather it not include pain and suffering...and did I mention you would rather not deal with messy.

So many times in my life, I have thought I knew how things would work out for the best for me...and when they did not work out I was really disappointed...at first. But then I begin to realize God is always working through my life...He doesn't cause the upheaval, pain, or suffering...but He can bring good out of any situation.

God can take the broken pieces of our lives and bring healing in ways we could have never imagined.

Some of you may know I have been dealing with some health issues. I will eventually have surgery but it has been put on hold for awhile. I cannot even begin to tell you how discouraged I feel... You see my illness causes extreme exhaustion, depression, heart racing, and just a genuine overall feeling of living in a fog. Thankfully there are some good days...and I take advantage of those moments. I have two amazing reasons to get up of bed each morning....their sweet little faces...telling me good morning and greeting me with hugs and kisses. God has blessed me with an amazing husband who loves me through the ups and downs of our daily lives.

During this challenging time in my life God has surrounded me with His love through my family and friends. I have felt His peace and I know most days I move on the strength that He has given me. I often wish I didn't have to go through all of this....but never have a questioned God's love for me. I need to clarify, I don't think God caused me to be sick, but I know He can bring good out of it.

I don't pretend to understand all I can do is trust each day to the One who loves me more than I can comprehend. Jesus is with me in all of my moments...the good, the bad, and the very ugly.

As I reflect on all that God has done for me...this beautiful hymn comes to mind. I pray the words will minister to your heart and you will know God's peace today and always.

2 comments:

Jimella said...

Thanks Michelle, very hearfelt and beautiful : )

Shannon Jacobyansky said...

I'm with you on this one sis...hang in there!